Beginning on January 1, 2023, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be: 65.5 cents per mile driven for business use, up 3 cents from the midyear increase setting the rate for the second half of 2022.
- 22 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes for qualified active-duty members of the Armed Forces, consistent with the increased midyear rate set for the second half of 2022.
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations; the rate is set by statute and remains unchanged from 2022.
These rates apply to electric and hybrid-electric automobiles, as well as gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles. (see IRS.gov)
The ELCA Region 6 Archives at Trinity Lutheran Seminary at Capital University in Columbus, OH is home to historical Lutheran records of the synods, congregations, rostered leaders, and congregation members in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and the Michigan Lower Peninsula. Due to staff changes prior to the COVID pandemic, archived data and records are not currently accessible.
Information from recently closed congregations may be available at the Synod House. Older information is not available.
Continue to check the Facebook page for updates on this very important service of our church: www.facebook.com/ELCARegion6Archives
All forms of sexual misbehavior by clergy and lay leaders with church members are unacceptable within the life of the church. The church should be a safe place where people can worship, learn, work, love and receive care in a manner that is free from sexual misconduct. A written policy statement is an important first step toward preventing sexual misconduct or harassment. Make sure all persons concerned are aware of the policy and understand the content. When misconduct occurs, the entire congregation suffers emotionally, spiritually and financially. Below are resources for your congregation to review and develop for the safety of your members and visitors.
- SEMI Synod Sexual Misconduct Policy (TBA)
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention (ELCA)
- SAFE CONNECTIONS: WHAT PARISHIONERS CAN DO TO UNDERSTAND AND PREVENT CLERGY SEXUAL ABUSE